Derek Rempfer’s short stories have appeared in The Rockford Review, The Foliate Oak, Underground Voices, and Necrotic Tissue. Where The Broken Lie is his first novel.
Derek’s passions include:
- His beautiful, intelligent, funny, kind, compassionate, supportive, loving wife (yeah, I don’t get it either)
- His amazing and talented children (all 3 of them!)
- Reading (but he sure gets sleepy these days)
- Writing (but always has 1001 reasons why he can’t right now)
- Sports (plays less than ever, watches as much as ever, coaches when he can)
- Making bulleted lists (narrative is hard)
- Referring to himself in the 3rd person (Derek thinks this is funny)
Perhaps more than anything else, Derek loves to connect with people. Not email/text/social media connections, but “yeah, that’s exactly how it felt” and “wow, you understand me” connections. His greatest hope is that he accomplishes this through his writing.
Yes, that’s pretty much Derek Rempfer.